Health and Stabilisation in North-East Syria
March 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
As the world marks 10 years of conflict in Syria, this decade has also been the one of the destruction of healthcare in the country. Beyond the specifically humanitarian aspect, the healthcare sector suffers from structural weaknesses that need to be adressed in the longer term. How to reach equity, sustainability and stability in health services ? How actors open perspectives in the sector, based on North-East Syria experience ?
From life saving to health system building blocks, capacity and governance, we will discuss on how the restoration of essential service, such as health, can strengthen the stability of the region.
Speakers will include :
– Eric Chevallier, Crisis and Support Center Director – French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
– Dr. Kassar Alali, Director of Arraqqa National Hospital
– Abdulkarim Ekzayez, Research for Health Systems Strengthening in Northern Syria (R4HSS) Researcher – King’s College London
– Nynke Van den Broek, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health expert – Expertise France
– Dr. Neha Singh, Health Working Group Coordinator – NES Forum
Facilitator : Tahar Benattia, Programme Manager – Expertise France